There Are Four Method Of Missing Tooth Replacement
1) Implant Supported Fixed Teeth
- You have good quality & amount of bone
- You are medically healthy
- You have no habits of smoking/tobacco
- Affordable to you
2) Fixed Bridge
- You have support of both side adjacent teeth
- Adjacent teeth are firm & in good condition
- You are suffering from medical illness
- You have addictions
- No age restrictions
3) Removable Dentures
- You don't have teeth in mouth/you don't have teeth in a good condition to take support
- Old age
- No other option of replacement is favourable
4) Precision attachment
- Precision Attachments are special attachments used for the perfect fit of removable partial dentures.
- The attachment prosthesis consists a combination of permanently fixed and removable denture. (semi fixed denture).
- Removable partial dentures with precision attachments are used for treating terminally involved dental arches where posterior teeth for support are not present..
- It uses a double tilt retention mechanism thus preventing gravitational and muscular forces from dislodging the partial denture during function.
- Space saving hind of dentures
- Economic alternative to Implants
- No metal clasp
- Semi fixed
- Perfect fit
- The double tilt retention mechanism prevent gravitational and muscular forces from dislodging the partial denture during function.
- For treating terminally involved dental arches with a minimum of 7mm clearance between upper and lower ridge.
What if you don't replace missing tooth?
- Supra eruption of opposite tooth(as there is no counter part)
- Food lodgement/food wedging due to that(results in decay after long time)
- Tilting of adjacent teeth in effort to close the space of missing tooth(results in damage to gum,bone and adjacent structures)
- If gum recession occur,sensitivity takes place in supra eruted tooth.
- Advise: you should replace the missing tooth within 21 days to 1month(max. 3 to 6 months)after its removal.
Benefits of replacement of missing tooth
- Improved efficiency of chewing
- Maintaining the level of occlusion & therefore balancing on both sides.
- Maintainance of bone level(if replaced by implants)
- Improved esthetics